Majacraft Tension Spring – Standard
Price per spring. Tension/brake spring… that little spring that the green nylon tension cord attaches to. Standard spring fits all Majacraft wheels EXCEPT the Little Gem.
PRODUCT of NEW ZEALAND
5 in stock
Majacraft Rose Spinning Wheel
Price includes the wheel, four standard plastic bobbins, normal and fast whorl, two different flyers and the Rose Carrier (holds 3 bobbins and can be used as a travel Lazy Kate, also stores the spare whorl and allen key).
The Rose is a classic wheel for every spinner. With its spoked wheel and engraved rose motif, it is elegant with a traditional feel. Some of the features of the Rose are:
- double treadle
- quick change flyer
- sealed bearings, so no oiling required
- sliding flyer hook
- the Rose uses the dependable scotch tension for smooth and easy spinning
- New Zealand Rimu hardwood construction
- includes the Rose Carrier which can be used as a 3-bobbin lazy kate. The carrier has rubber feet, a convenient carry handle, whorl holding pin and a magnet to store the whorl allen key
- has a normal (Rose) and fast whorl (Little Gem), two flyers: The Majacraft Standard Delta, and the Fine Fibre Orifice with ceramic insert for smooth takeup
- ratios extend from 4.25 to 19.5 using the whorls supplied
- the handle folds to allow easy handling
- the handle and head position are adjustable so you can achieve the most comfortable spinning position
- suits both left and right handed spinners
- compatible bobbins and flyers with Majacraft wheels & accessories
Please click this link for the Majacraft wheel ratios
DROP SHIPPING: for Canadian destinations not serviced by Canada Post Expedited GROUND shipping, it may be possible for us to have the wheel shipped from New Zealand at the price listed here. Please inquire.
PRODUCT of NEW ZEALAND
Majacraft Flyer – Aura Hybrid
Feb/2012 - Majacraft has just announced they are making the new Aura wheel flyer available. This strange-looking beast will fit all the wheel models, and uses the wooden jumbo bobbins that most of us have with the plying kit. It does NOT matter if your jumbo bobbins are the new ones with the two holes. That's important for the Aura wheel but the flyer works perfectly fine with the older version of jumbo bobbins.
In Majacraft's words: "The flyer is all new and builds on the advances Majacraft has made in the past. It shares the aerodynamic shape of our other flyers for efficient and easy spinning. Most importantly it has a new dual function orifice. Fine yarns can be held still in the delta part of the orifice. This also has the function of holding coil yarns very still so you can observe your work. You can bypass the delta and use the large halo ring for spinning huge."
If you splurge and get this flyer, you're going to need a couple of jumbo bobbins if you plan to ply.
NOTE: LITTLE GEM WHEELS require the special Little Gem Mini Tension Knob with any of Majacraft's wide flyers, including the Aura, Plying or Wild flyers. That's because the standard tension knob sticks out too far and gets in the way of the wider flyer arms. It's listed here below the various flyers and flyer kits. We usually keep it in stock.