Majacraft Bobbin, Wood – Overdrive
Canadian shipping only. A CUSTOM ORDER product. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. The “available quantity” exists so that our cart will accept orders, and does not reflect our actual onhand inventory.
Price per bobbin. Finished wooden bobbin with a massive capacity, designed for the Overdrive system. Holds approximately 5 times more yarn than the Jumbo bobbin. Majacraft says the capacity is 5 litres of yarn, which is over a gallon.
PLEASE NOTE: this bobbin will not fit the regular wheels without the overdrive head.
PRODUCT of NEW ZEALAND
9 in stock
Majacraft Rose Spinning Wheel
Price includes the wheel, four standard plastic bobbins, normal and fast whorl, two different flyers and the Rose Carrier (holds 3 bobbins and can be used as a travel Lazy Kate, also stores the spare whorl and allen key).
The Rose is a classic wheel for every spinner. With its spoked wheel and engraved rose motif, it is elegant with a traditional feel. Some of the features of the Rose are:
- double treadle
- quick change flyer
- sealed bearings, so no oiling required
- sliding flyer hook
- the Rose uses the dependable scotch tension for smooth and easy spinning
- New Zealand Rimu hardwood construction
- includes the Rose Carrier which can be used as a 3-bobbin lazy kate. The carrier has rubber feet, a convenient carry handle, whorl holding pin and a magnet to store the whorl allen key
- has a normal (Rose) and fast whorl (Little Gem), two flyers: The Majacraft Standard Delta, and the Fine Fibre Orifice with ceramic insert for smooth takeup
- ratios extend from 4.25 to 19.5 using the whorls supplied
- the handle folds to allow easy handling
- the handle and head position are adjustable so you can achieve the most comfortable spinning position
- suits both left and right handed spinners
- compatible bobbins and flyers with Majacraft wheels & accessories
Please click this link for the Majacraft wheel ratios
DROP SHIPPING: for Canadian destinations not serviced by Canada Post Expedited GROUND shipping, it may be possible for us to have the wheel shipped from New Zealand at the price listed here. Please inquire.
PRODUCT of NEW ZEALAND
Hackle, Majacraft – 2 row 320mm
Double pitch hackle from Majacraft, 320 mm (12.6") comb width. The combs have stainless steel pins with polished points that are blunt enough to be much more pleasant to use and sharp enough to do the job well. Fibres are lashed on to the teeth and then pulled through a diz to prepare them into top for spinning. They can be used in much the same way as wool combs, for either preparing a single type of fibre, blending colours or blending a mixture of fibres.
Instead of drilling the hackle base, Majacraft has developed a new technique of bonding the pins in with a very tough resin. The pins are positioned perfectly straight and perfectly even on every hackle.
This is the double row version, and we can order in the single row as well, just inquire for current pricing and availability. It includes a wooden pin cover to protect you and the hackle when it is not in use. Also included are special Majacraft clamps. The clamp block is drilled at an angle and has a solid rubber top to ensure that the hackle is held firmly on your table and the rubber will prevent damage to the table. The clamps allow you to secure the hackle to a sturdy surface and carry out colour blending in conjunction with a diz. The hackle is also stepped at the end to provide an area to use an 'F' clamp if you prefer this to the included clamps.
The hackle dimensions are:
length, 470mm (18.5 inches)
width, 45mm (1.8 inches)
height, 35mm (1.4 inches)
comb width, 320mm (12.6 inches)
The double row hackle is great for finer fibres. The pins are at different heights so initial combing can be done on the higher pins before carrying out fine combing with both rows of pins. As is often the case, the time spent in preparation is taken from the time spent in spinning later.