Drum Carder, Ashford – Electric Wide 72 PPSI – In stock
May 30/22 – currently in stock.
FREE SHIPPING within Canada! Canadian orders only. We have this item shipped directly from the Ashford Canada warehouse, generally within one or two business days. We also often have it in stock at our store.
After production and Covid-related delays, Ashford’s new e-Drum Carder is now available!
Fibre preparation made easy. This carder has two exceptionally powerful motors to enable fleece and roving/top to be carded easily and quickly. It features a 12-inch (30cm) wide carding width and Fine 72 PPSI (points per square inch) teeth, which can handle a wide range of fibres. Makes batts up to around 135 grams (4.75 oz). Includes a dandy feed-in/dizzing stick that may be used to pull roving right off the drum.
– Infinitely variable speed control for both drums plus a ratio control to vary the in-feed speed.
– Acrylic safety covers over the drums and the drive belts, and a magnetic safety switch, for safe use.
– Stepped tooth non-slip drive belts with belt tensioners.
– Additional on/off foot switch allows hands-free fibre preparation and feeding-in.
– When in reverse, for fibre removal, the drums rotate at 10% carding speed.
– Carding drums can be removed to clean bearings.
– 72 PPSI on the main drum, but 36 PPSI on the feed-in drum, which helps prevent it being clogged up by fibre.
– Manufactured in beautiful Silver Beech hardwood with a lacquered finish.
– comes with packer brush, doffer, cleaning brush, feed-in/dizzing stick, on/off foot switch and 12-volt adapter cord.
PRODUCT of NEW ZEALAND
2 in stock